Contributions to the Delaware Arts Alliance help us achieve our mission of being the unified voice for the arts, arts education, and arts and the economy in Delaware.
Delaware Arts Alliance is a 501(c)(3) organization. Your contribution is fully tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
DAA is the state of Delaware’s only arts advocacy organization, serving all the citizens of Delaware. Founded in 2009, our mission is to be the unifying voice for the arts throughout the state. Because we believe in the power of the arts to transform lives and build stronger communities, we advocate for the arts and arts education to play a central role in the lives of all Delawareans.
2017 has been a tumultuous year for the arts in Delaware with calls for the elimination of the National Endowment for the Arts by the Trump Administration and the State Joint Finance Committee voting to cut state arts grant funding by $550,000.
DAA launched a strong call to action in response. Our work was successful with the Delaware Division of the Arts (DDOA) receiving only a $70,000 reduction in arts funding and confirmation of national arts funding from Delaware’s federal legislators.
The call for arts advocacy remains strong in 2018.
By making an investment in DAA, you can expect a return in our work on behalf of the arts community in the First State. Support to DAA made our arts advocacy programs and activities possible:
- Special Arts Rendezvous “Meet the Candidates” Programs: Focusing on the 2016 elections, DAA organized programs with candidates running for Lieutenant Governor, Congress, Governor and a special session on our VoterVoice advocacy software in New Castle, Kent, Sussex Counties.
- Delaware Arts Advocacy Day: DAA launched the first-ever Delaware Arts Advocacy Day on May 4, at Legislative Hall in Dover, with the support of State Senator Debra Heffernan.
- #WhyDEArtsMatter Campaign: In 2017, DAA launched a campaign to advocate for arts funding at the state and federal levels.
- DAA Advocacy Programs: DAA created programming to connect our Institutional Supporters together and with elected officials.
- Joint Finance Committee Hearings: DAA provides testimony annually at the General Assembly’s Joint Finance Committee to the Departments of State and Education making the case for arts and arts education funding.
- National Arts Advocacy Day: DAA led a Delaware delegation of statewide arts leaders for National Arts Advocacy Day on March 21 DC visiting the offices of our elected officials in support of NEA funding.
Our arts advocacy goals and programs are exciting—and possible with your partnership and support.